“An amazing place to work! ”
There's a lot of nice perks at Canva. Breakfast and lunch are prepared by chef's on site, the whole team eats together, there's different fitness activities available and very strong social cohesion in the group. The people are probably the best part! Everyone is positive and friendly and passionate about their craft. The team feels like a family. Ideas trump egos, because at the end of the day everyone wants what's best for the product. There's a strong sense of egalitarianism in the culture, there's no managers and everyone treats each other as equals. They also provide equity, which means at the end of the day that everyone takes ownership of the company and feels motivated. It's a pretty amazing culture. It's also growing at such a pace that the future opportunities are enormous.
The freezer full of tim tam's is a great, yet dangerous perk. Speaking from experience, it might take a lot of self discipline for a sweet tooth to tame their cravings...
“Fantastic company, great culture”
- There's a diversity of talent here that ranges from design to engineering, to writing and customer service. Whatever your skill is, there's sure to be a spot for you.
- The people have a wide variety of skills, interests and talent. You'll surely find someone whose quirkiness jives with yours. It makes the work day easier, and at the same time you'll be able to hang out after work.
- Open communication: If you need something, you can always approach the person concerned. If you have a suggestion, everyone's open to hearing about it and making it work.
- Opportunities. Canva's fairly new, but it's got a lot of possibilities that can be explored. You can start off doing one job, but after a while you can be doing something else (still related though).
- You have the freedom to be creative.
- The open space style of the office may not be suitable for those who need to work alone.
- Work in Canva is relaxed but fast paced, so if you're not comfortable with many changes, you might have trouble working here.
- Be ready for a lot of independent work as this is not a place for constant supervision.
“The best software development team in Australia”
Very smart yet humble people.
Excellent work / life balance with flexible work hours.
The food and social vibe of the place are phenomenal.
Biscuit the dog.
Very challenging technical challenges and lots of great people to learn from.
One of the smartest companies I've ever worked for and it starts at the top with the leadership.
The company is growing very fast. Some people don't deal well with change - newcomers need to have an open mind because things will continue to change as the business continues to grow.
There are some absolutely brilliant people here so the first few weeks can be a bit intimidating, especially when you're used to being the "smartest person in the room" and then all of the sudden you aren't.
“Inspiring. Challenging. Awesome!”
Canva has an incredible work environment packed with really smart (and nice) people. Definitely a place to be challenged, to be inspired, to better yourself and to build something awesome!
If you're resistant to learning new things, or if you don't enjoy being challenged, then this probably isn't the place for you...
A very smart team of people working towards an ambitious set of goals. Autonomy and responsibility come quickly, as does the opportunity to make your mark on the business. World class company leadership and vision. Moving fast and growing but keeping the heart of a startup.
Sometimes the chefs put a pinch too much salt in their cooking. I kid. It's perfect.